Updated Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Debuts In Geneva – Live Photos
Mitsubishi presents in Geneva its updated Outlander PHEV, which is the best selling plug-in hybrid in the world with ~150,000 sales.
The upgrades include 15% more battery energy capacity and 10% more power from the motors (see full description here).
First deliveries of the 2019 model year version are expected in Europe this fall, but please don’t ask us when the U.S. will see first deliveries of this version.
- A 2.4L Atkinson cycle petrol engine replaces the previous regular Otto cycle 2.0 liter. It allows for higher torque, smoother operation, and overall higher efficiency
- Generator output is increased by 10%
- Rear motor output is increased by 10%
- The drive battery capacity is increased by 15% (13.8 kWh instead 12 kWh)
- The drive battery output is increased by 10%
- New Sport and Snow modes
- design tweaks
Below you can find a lot of live photos from Geneva of both the 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and the Mitsubishi e-EVOLUTION Concept.
The 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
BONUS – Mitsubishi e-EVOLUTION Concept: