Upcoming Porsche Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Video Review
The latest Porsche Panamera 4 E-Hybrid, which enters the market in the US and Europe shortly, was recently reviewed by Everyday Reviews in Cape Town, South Africa.
The second generation of the plug-in hybrid Panamera is deemed to look better, has better performance (see statistical comparison here), has about 50% more all-electric range (50km/31 miles), a wider allowable speed window for staying in electric mode, as well as an improved interior with decent touch screen.
“The second generation Porsche Panamera has been completely redesigned from the ground up. The new style is so much more sporty and cohesive while the interior goes modern with an advanced cockpit. The Porsche Panamera E-Hybrid gets a new battery, more range and improved electric and boost performance. We put the Panamera 4 E-hybrid through its paces in Cape Town South Africa .”
New generation of 4 E-Hybrid Executive is now also available in a little longer version Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Executive, unveiled at the LA Auto Show.
- all-wheel drive with 340 kW (462 hp) and 700 Nm system output. Electric motor peak power stands at 100 kW and 400 Nm, while 2.9-litre V6 biturbo engine (243 kW/330 hp/450 Nm) is combined with eight-speed Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission
- 50 km (31 miles) of NEDC all-electric range – or about 38 km/24 miles in real world/EPA terms (with speeds up to 140 km/h / 87 miles),
- combined fuel consumption 2.5 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 56 g/km; energy consumption 15.9 kWh/100 km)
- 14.1 kWh battery (up 50% from 9.4 kWh)
- top speed 278 km/h (173 mph)
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.6 seconds
- 5.8 h charging at 3.6 kW or 3.6 h at 7.2 kW on-board charger
Porsche Panamera 4 e-Hybrid in Sapphire Blue & Carrera White:
Porsche Panamera 4 e-Hybrid Executive – Exterior and Interior Walkaround – 2016 LA Auto Show