Tesla Semi Priced From $150,000 (300 Mile) & $180,000 (500 Mile)
That’s quite a bit lower than expectations.
Tesla announced tentative pricing for its electric semi.
The 300-mile (480 km) range version starts at $150,000, while the 500-mile (800 km) range version starts at $180,000. The prices are “expected“, which means some changes are still possible.
The difference of $30,000 for a 200-mile upgrade translates into ~$150 per mile of additional range.
Taking into consideration Tesla’s energy consumption number <2 kWh/mile, the 200 miles of added range requires less than 400 kWh of additional capacity. The kWh price of the additional battery would then cost more than $75/kWh (we assume the cost is somewhere between $75 and $100 per kWh).
To reserve the Tesla Semi, a $20,000 deposit is required (four times more than the $5,000 asked initially at the reveal).
The limited edition Founders Series starts at $200,000 and the full price needs to be paid during the reservation process.
- Acceleration 0-60 mph with 80K lbs load – 20 sec
- Speed up a 5% Grade – 65 mph
- Mile Range – 300 or 500 miles
- Powertrain – 4 Independent Motors on Rear Axles
- Energy Consumption – Less than 2 kWh / mile
- Fuel Savings – $200,000+
- Expected Base Price (300 mile range) – $150,000
- Expected Base Price (500 mile range) – $180,000
- Base Reservation – $20,000
- Expected Founders Series Price – $200,000
- Founders Series Reservation – $200,000
* Prices displayed in USD. International pricing will vary.