Tesla Provides Details On Wages, Employment, Construction Costs For Battery Gigafactory
Reno-Gazette-Journal posted a Tesla Gigafactory article with some tidbits on employment and wages that caught our attention:
Staffing for the battery plant will include:
• 4,550 production associates paid $22.79 per hour
• 200 material handlers paid $22.79 per hour
• 460 equipment technicians paid $27.88 per hour
• 360 quality technicians paid $27.88 per hour
• 930 engineers and senior staff paid $41.83 per hour.
Wages paid by Tesla for the gigafactory will total $353.6 million per year at full employment The figure does not include construction employment.
Additionally, there’s detailed info on gigafactory construction costs in the Reno Gazette-Journal article:
Tesla also provided a more detailed breakdown of the $5 billion in capital investments it will make on the facility through 2028. The cost for the building and site infrastructure will be $1.1 billion. Machinery and equipment will account for the remaining $3.9 billion, including materials processing and product assembly.
Hit up the link below for more details on Tesla’s Nevada gigafactory.
Source: Reno Gazette-Journal