Tesla #1 in Norway – Model S Sales Soar to 1,493 Units in March – Sets All-Time Single Month Record
We knew Tesla Model S sales were shooting through the roof last month in Norway.
Now, we have a solid figure.
In March, Tesla Model S sales hit 1,493 units in Norway.
This figure puts the Model S on the top of Norway’s automotive sales chart.
In fact, the Model S accounted for 10.8% of all new passenger vehicle sales last month in Norway.
Or, to put it a different way, one out of every ten vehicles sold in Norway in March were Tesla Model S EVs.
1,493 units is nearly equal to the estimated 1,600 Model S EVs that Tesla sold in the US in March, so Norway is hot on our heels, despite having a population of just over 5 million, compared to the US’ 313-plus million.
Some other points worth noting in Norway:
- 1,493 units sold is a single-month record for any automobile ever sold in Norway
- Tesla Model S outsold #2 seller VW Golf by a ratio of more than 2 to 1.
- Nissan LEAF with 425 units sold in March landed in third place on the overall sales chart
- YTD Tesla Model S sales are 2,056
- Tesla is outselling Ford in Norway so far in 2014