First Tesla Model S Review From Dubai – Video
A refreshing new review of the Tesla Model S, by Motoring (Middle East edition).
We get our first Tesla Model S review from the UAE (Dubai), in this in-depth feature of the Model S 90D. Of which for the 90D, Tesla stopped taking orders for on June 9th, following the decision to also remove the base 60 kWh Model S sedans from its order system on April 17th) – apparently those models are still promoted by the company in Dubai as they work down inventory.
Anyway, it’s nice to get a fresh set of eyes on a car that is not-so-new to most of us, and from a unique prospective. Overall, Motoring sees the Model S to be very “geeky, nerdy, and concepty” in terms of its interior features. In other words, it feels like a “beta” car. However, driving dynamics are incredibly impressive.
It’s funny that the review is sponsored by AC Delco, and more specifically … oil filters … but we digress. Let’s see what the publication found:
- Comfortable, supportive driver’s seat with maximum adjustability
- Driving it is like being in the “world’s fastest golf cart”
- Very little body roll
- Outstanding handling for a larger car
- Steering is precise
- Corners flat with almost no body roll
- Incredible air suspension (like a Rolls Royce)
- Styling is not outwardly adventurous
- Rear seats lack head room
- AC vents are small
- Interior features “what you need,” but it’s not that upscale
- Interior looks “pretty,” but lacks function
- Very little interior small item storage
- Hidden cup holders are hard to reach and easy to bump elbows
- Steering wheel is clean and feels nice, but function would be welcome
- Heated steering wheel, heated seats … In Dubai they hope for cooled
- Touch screen can be complicated, not intuitive, hard to deal with while driving
- No physical buttons anywhere
- Everything is LCD and very distracting
- No overhead 360 camera
The Tesla Model S is a driver’s car in terms of seating, comfort, and drivability. The experience is unlike anything else on the road today. However, competing models in the luxury segment do a better job with interiors and feature functionality.
Video Description via MotoringMiddleEast on YouTube:
We finally get our hands on the all-electric Tesla for a test. This is a Model S 90D, and both the Model S and Model X are now on sale officially in the UAE. Watch our comprehensive review hosted by Imthishan Giado.