Tesla Model S P85 At Laguna Seca ReFuel 2014 – Onboard Video
Former BMW ActiveE lessee turned Tesla Model S P85 owner Jack Brown once again returns to ReFuel to push his electric vehicle to the limits at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca:
“In car camera from my 2nd practice run that gave me the top qualifying spot for a Model S (5th overall) for the time trial.. I gave a good chase to the Teslarati car and the Mini-E toward the end.”
If you’re unfamiliar with ReFuel, now in its sixth year, then perhaps you’d like to check out the ReFuel website here and/or read the ReFuel 2014 press release attached below:
Official Press Release
REFUEL WELCOMES ELECTRIC VEHICLES TO MAZDA RACEWAY LAGUNA SECA
Speed Ventures presents the 6th Annual REFUEL Clean Power Motorsports Event at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca on Sunday, July 20, 2014.
For the sixth year running, Speed Ventures, the leading recreational motorsports club with operations in California and Nevada, welcomes electric cars and motorcycles to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, California to showcase cutting-edge clean transportation technology in a motorsports setting.
Speed Ventures will provide track time and basic performance driving instruction for drivers of electric cars and riders of electric motorcycles. The event is open to the new wave of Electric Vehicles (EVs) as well as to electric conversions and purpose-built all-electric race cars. Owners of electric vehicles and motorcycles can participate in open track sessions and compete in the SportElectric Time Trial which is classed for production vehicles, conversions and prototypes. Competition this year is expected to be fierce.
For 2014, the REFUEL Clean Power Motorsports Event will offer the following:
- Drive your EV, Electric Motorcycle, or Electric Kart on Mazda Raceway at speed and receive basic performance driving instruction
- Participate in the SportElectric Time Trial to see who is the fastest EV driver at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- Drive your EV on the EV Performance Test Course (Autocross style)
- Rendezvous with hundreds of EV owners and fans during the EV Owner’s Meet
- A Parade Lap on The World Famous Mazda Raceway Laguna is open to all EVs in attendance (low speed, passengers are allowed, no helmets required)
- Free charging stations for REFUEL track and Time Trial participants. (charging is available to participants only)
ABOUT SPEED VENTURES
In just over a decade, Speed Ventures has become one of the largest recreational motorsports organizations in the U.S. introducing thousands of drivers to the sport of road-racing at events held year-round on the best tracks in California and Nevada. Speed Ventures provides practice and test days, instruction for beginners, time trial competitions and wheel-to-wheel racing. Speed Ventures also hosts corporate and media events and partners with a number of other racing organizations.