Tesla CEO Says NYT Article Caused Hundreds Of Cancellations, Also Talks About Future Demand (Video)
Tesla CEO Elon Musk sat down and have a very honest and revealing interview with Bloomberg (to their credit).
Topics ranged from:
- the New York Times article caused “a lot” of cancellations of Model S reservations, perhaps as much as “a few hundred”
- market cap took a estimated hit of $100 million dollars
- production estimates for 2013
- demand for the Model S
- the outlook for the company past 2013
- impressions of Washington – “much less corrupt than people think it is”
- on the lighter side: Musk says he never wore a tight black T-shirt when he met Tom DeLay, that he always wears a suit in Washington
Other tidbits of interest, Mr. Musk says that Tesla hopes to erase government loans in about 5 years (as opposed to the 10 year term of the loan), and that the $7,500 federal credit, if it were not available today, would probably cause Model S sales to be 10% – 20% less.