Tacita T-Race Launched in 3 Versions: T-RC Cross, T-RE Enduro and T-RR Rally (w/videos)
Established in 2009, Italian company Tacita (name derived from Tàcita, Latin for Roman goddess of silence) unveiled at the EICMA show in Milan three versions of its electric motorcycle – T-RC Cross, T-RE Enduro and T-RR Rally.
All bikes are fitted with 3-phase asynchronous motor with 9 kW of continuous power, 27 kW peak power and 60 Nm of torque. Transmission is a 5-speed gearbox. Regenerative braking is included.
Tactica is using a lithium-polymer battery that is expected to withstand over 2,000 cycles. Pack sizes differ depending on version: T-RC has 3.3 or 4.0 kWh, T-RE has 3.3, 4.0, 5.3, 6.6, 8.0 or 10.6 kWh, and finally T-RR has 8.0 or 10.6 kWh.
Prices, excluding VAT, vary from about €20,000 to €30,000 depending on battery size.
Charging can be done by a 1 kW portable or optional 3 kW stationary charger.
- 100% green: electric and environmentally sustainable thanks to the use of eco-plastics and the T-Station
- ergonomics of a grown-up motorbike
- high-tech design
- 5-speed gearbox
- electric motor and controller liquid cooling
- eco and sport maps for different riding conditions
- “Reserve Power” mode, to reach the nearest recharging station when the residual battery charge is 20% (T-RE and T-RR)
- large autonomy: for the rally version 100 km in motorally racing conditions
- great driveability
- 5 speed separate gearbox with hydraulic clutch
- liquid cooling for motor and controller
- BMS Tacita for the monitoring and management of power cells
- crank case made of solid Anticorodal 6082
- frame designed for the needs of the electric motor and the support of its components and realized in chrome molybdenum 25NiCrMo4
- rear monocoque aluminum with hard anodized coating, with the aim of giving to the aluminum alloy a high resistance to wear and to abrasion combined with a high electrical insulation. This treatment difference in the anodizing aesthetics, made with the purpose of beautification and corrosion protection, which, however, do not exhibit resistance to wear.
- wheel hubs from solid Avional
- wheels rims DID STAR alloy 7050
- Marzocchi SHIVER fork with TiN treatment
- triple clams machined from solid Avional
- FULL LED lights
- radiator Anticorodal aluminum, made in Italy, with high exchange efficiency and accuracy of welding between the alveolar bone mass, collectors and pans
- instruments: smartphone with messaging function to communicate directly with Tacita
- function “RESERVE POWER”, which is automatically activated when the remaining power is at 20%, and reducing the power, unequivocally indicates the need to recharge
- Aluminum skid plate
- rear monoshock Öhlins
- fairing mad ein flax fiber
- bio resins”