- Eric Loveday – A Detroit native, and University of Michigan grad with a degree in journalism, Eric brings a strong enthusiasm for electric cars and a lifelong passion for automobiles. Previously, Eric wrote at Autoblog, AutoblogGreen, PluginCars and All Cars Electric.
Director of Communications/Writer/Editor:
- Steven Loveday – Steve is Detroit-based and grew up surrounded by autos. His first passion is music. He has a Master’s Degree in music and has been involved in performing and teaching throughout his life. He is a professor at the Art Institute of Michigan, in Novi. Steve has always loved writing as a creative outlet and has been writing and editing for enjoyment for several years. He also writes for U.S. News Best Cars.
North American Plug-In Vehicle Writer/Specialist:
- Tom Moloughney – Tom is a longtime EV advocate and has been driving electric since 2009. A former director at Plug-In America, Tom currently works with dealerships to increase their plug-in vehicle sales. Tom also owns commercial property in Montclair, NJ, and manages public charging stations that he installed there.
Formula E Driver/Racing Specialist:
- Nelson Piquet Jr. is a Formula E champion (2015) who previously drove for Next EV/NIO in the all-electric racing series and now finds himself with Jaguar for the 2017/2018 season. Piquet is also known for his career in both Formula 1 and endurance racing. Piquet contributes columns to InsideEVs which focus on not only racing, but today’s electric vehicles – and how the technology is moving from the track to the streets.
- Mark Kane – Based out of Europe, Mark brings InsideEVs the beat on what is happening internationally. Like much of the staff, Mark has been reporting on electric cars long before any were commercially available. Mark’s passion for EV market analysis/sales brings unique coverage to InsideEVs.
- Domenick Yoney – Having covered electric vehicles & electric bikes for over a decade, Domenick is a popular and familiar face in the EV scene today
- Jay Cole – Founding InsideEVs in 2011, Jay brought with him almost a decade of insider reporting on EVs, as well as close industry contacts. Jay is a noted writer and is recognized for his remarkable talent for extracting the truth behind automotive news and delivering it with an incredible flair of humor.
Writers/Occasional Freelance Contributors:
- Alex Wai – based in Hong Kong, covering local and Asia region EV news. One of the founding members of ChargedHK, a group promoting EVs in the city. Strong interest in EV and related technology.
- Peder Norby – Living and Driving on Sunshine. Peder and his wife have driven over 100,000 EV miles powered by sunshine. Peder serves as Chairman of the San Diego County Planning Commission. Peder currently owns 3 EVs from BMW, including an i8
- Michael Beinenson is based in Atlanta and runs a small business helping individuals and corporate clients take advantage of all available tax credits. He is also the president of EV Club of the South and has been a local Drive Electric Week captain for the past 3 years. Michael has been very involved in the metro Atlanta EV community for the past several years and is promoting electric mobility and sustainability in Georgia.
- George Betak – George Betak is an engineer and a technology enthusiast. George grew up in Southern Germany, and began following electric cars when he was in college. His professional career started at BMW FIZ in Munich, and most recently he has worked with Motorola and Yahoo. George co-founded the San Francisco BayLEAFs, which focuses on education and public outreach.
- Tony Williams – Airline pilot and electric vehicle aficionado, early EV adopter and supplier of ‘add-on’ accessories for EVs. Integral part of low capacity LEAF testing in 2012.
- George Bower – George Bower is a retired mechanical engineer, a Tesla Model S owner and a GM Volt was his first EV. He lives in Arizona. His articles are a bit on the technical side for some readers but considering he’s an engineer that is to be expected.
- ElectricCarsTV – was an internet property dedicated to bringing plug-in news to the public only through video, it has since joined the InsideEVs’ family
- Josh Bryant – in addition to advocating for electric vehicles via the written word, Josh also headed up EV Badges (a symbol to unite the EV community), with a portion of the proceeds going to support Plug-In America
- David Murray – I.T. Administrator by day, YouTube content creator by night. Long time EV enthusiast, having built his own EV years ago, converted several hybrids to plug-ins, and now has a Leaf and Volt in the family with plans on a Tesla at some point in the future.