If you kept some good humor during a pandemic, you can even equip your brand new MINI with 17" two-tone Electric Corona Spoke wheels.
Driven Car Reviews's Tom Voelk found that the all-electric MINI Cooper SE is a very satisfying and fun to drive small car, which might be perfect, except for... the range.
Video Description via Driven Car Reviews on YouTube:
The All-Electric 2020 MINI Cooper SE Is Perfect. Except For…
Electric cars are a blast to drive. The 2020 MINI Cooper SE is no exception. In fact, it might be the most engaging car the brand makes. But in a world full of electric cars that have over 200 miles of range, is the MINI’s 110 enough? Maybe. The price could make up for it, the SE can easily cost less than a gasoline powered MINI Cooper S. Does it REALLY go 110 miles? Tom Voelk finds out the real-world range driving all throughout Seattle.
MINI is a premium brand so the quality is a strong point of the Cooper SE and the interior is pretty stylish.
There's not much space in the rear seats and the trunk is really basic, but after all, it's a city car.
Gallery: MINI Electric (MINI Cooper SE)
MINI Cooper SE (MINI Electric) specs (see more details here):
- EPA range of 110 miles (177 km)
- WLTP range of 200-232 km (124-144 miles), WLTP energy consumption of 15.5-18.0 kWh/100 km
- NEDC range of 235-270 km (146-168 miles), NEDC energy consumption of 14.8-16.8 kWh/100 km
- 32.6 kWh (gross) and 28.9 kWh (net) battery pack (12 modules; 93,2 Ah cells)
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 7.3 seconds, 0-60 mph (96.5 km/h) in 6.9 seconds
- 0-60 km/h (37 mph) in 3.9 seconds
- 80-120 km/h (50-75 mph) in 4.6 seconds
- top speed of 150 km/h (93 mph)
- power output of 135 kW (184 hp) and 270 Nm of torque (electric motor borrowed from BMW i3S) - "Hybrid synchronous electric motor with integrated power electronics, charging unit and generator function for energy recuperation"
- DC fast charging 0-80% in 35 minutes (at up to around 50 kW); 0-100% in 1.4 hours
- AC charging 0-80% in 2.5 hours using three-phase on-board charger (11 kW); 0-100% in 3.5 hours
- trunk capacity of 211 L
- unladen DIN weight of 1,365 kg (some 145 kg heavier than the MINI Cooper S 3 Door with Steptronic transmission)
- important equipment: heat pump