Mercedes-Benz customers are expected to feel comfortable switching to electric with the EQC
Here is one of the most detailed test drive reviews, provided by Autogefühl, which as always takes us through the exterior, interior and driving experience. The video is especially valuable to take a closer look at various versions (including AMG Line and limited Edition 1886).
The general verdict is positive as the EQC turns to be a very nice electric car, in some ways more compelling than slightly bigger Audi e-tron, but of course, all the competitors (including Tesla Model X and Jaguar I-PACE) have strong and weak points.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC is very comfortable, quick and one cannot fault it much. During the test drive, the energy consumption averaged around 23 kWh per 100 km (62 miles), while effective range seems to be 350 km (220 miles).
The second one is from British carwow, which checks on whether the EQC is better than Tesla Model X. For sure the EQC is nice to drive, comfortable, spacious (well there is no front trunk whatsoever) and packed with technology.
And here is an overview from the Australian CarAdvice, which also tested fast charging at an IONITY station.
As the processing of recordings takes a while, we expect that for the next couple of days we will see many more reviews of the EQC and hopefully more direct comparisons to other electric crossover/SUVs.
If you still haven't had enough, here is a beautiful blue Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 shown at the AutoMobile Barcelona Motor Show.
Mercedes-Benz EQC specs:
- range of 417 km (259 miles) (WLTP)
- range of 445-471 km (277-293 miles) (NEDC)
- energy consumption at 20.8 - 19.7 kWh/100 km (NEDC)
- 80 kWh battery pack (384 cells)
- battery pack weight of 625 kg
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 5.1 seconds
- top speed of 180 km/h (112 mph)
- dual motor all-wheel drive (two asynchronous motors)
- system output 300 kW (408 HP) and 760 Nm of torque
- AC charging takes 11 hours (7.4 kW single-phase on-board charger)
- DC fast charging takes around 40 minutes (10-80% SOC)
- Length/width (incl. mirrors)/height: 4,761/1,884 (2,096) /1,623 mm
- Kerb weight (EC)/perm. GVW/payload (EC): 2,495/2,940/445 kg
- Luggage compartment (depending on equipment fitted): approx. 500 l