It has its flaws and charms, but it's impossible to ignore.
Here is one more review and road test of the Jaguar I-PACE - this time by the Kelley Blue Book, which presents tons of features in a fun way. Definitely worth a watch, even for those who are not in a market for premium crossover/SUV.
The I-PACE has been on sale in the U.S. for just three months. Since October 2018, about 393 were sold - including 223 in December. Year 2019 probably will bring us an answer about how many consumers ithe n U.S. are willing to go electric with Jaguar, rather than with Tesla.
"The first all-electric offering from across the pond's Jaguar is the 2019 I-Pace. Nope, not the E-Pace, that's different. This one is an SUV-ish five-passenger crossover that is full of British luxury bits. Kelley Blue Book's Micah Muzio explains all of them, and why you wouldn't want to charge this from a regular home charger now!"
Jaguar I-PACE specs:
- 90 kWh battery
- Range: 234 miles (376 km) EPA or 480 km (298 miles) WLTP
- 0-100km/h (62 mph) 4.8 seconds / 0-60 mph (sec) 4.5 seconds
- Top speed mph 200 km/h (124 mph)
- two permanent magnet electric motors; synchronous – 400 PS (294 kW) total system output
- all-wheel drive
- 0-80% DC fast charging in 40 minutes using 100 kW CCS Combo
- 0-100% AC charging using 7 kW 0n-board charger in nearly 13 hours