The 2019 Jaguar I-PACE is the first major contender to the Tesla Model X in Europe in the all-electric SUV segment.
Many consumers that are willing to spend serious money on a new BEV need now to consider which model better suits their needs, as the I-PACE and Model X represent different approaches.
The I-PACE for sure is more bonded to the traditional car design, while Tesla goes completely its own way. Carwow's review tries to present the I-PACE and its advantages/disadvantages.
Soon the choice will be even more interesting when the new Audi e-tron hits the market, followed by Mercedes EQC and other models as manufacturers rush to conquer the two fastest-growing segments - SUV and electric cars.
Anyways, Jaguar I-PACE is considered the best Jaguar on the market today, so at least that choice is simple.
"This is the all-new Jaguar I-Pace. It’s the British car makers first foray into the electric vehicle market, so I’m here to see whether this all-electric SUV can hold its own against the likes of the more-established Tesla Model X. Were Jaguar right to go electric, or should they have stuck to what they know best? Watch my latest review to find out! - Mat Watson Reviews"
Jaguar I-Pace specs:
- 90 kWh battery for up to 480 km (298 miles) of range (WLTP)
- 0-100km/h (62 mph) 4.8 seconds / 0-60 mph (sec) 4.5 seconds
- Top speed mph 200 km/h (124 mph)
- two permanent magnet electric motors; synchronous – 400 PS (294 kW) total system output
- all-wheel drive
- 0-80% DC fast charging in 40 minutes using 100 kW CCS Combo
- 0-100% AC charging using 7 kW 0n-board charger in nearly 13 hours