The all new BMW i3s, unveiled for the very first time at the Frankfurt Motor Show early this year (see details, photos and videos here), was recently reviewed by the Autogefühl.
- power is increased from 125 kW to 135 kW
- maximum torque is increased from 250 Nm to 270 Nm
- 0-37 mph: 3.7 s (i3s) vs 3.8 s (i3)
- 0-62 mph: 6.9 s (i3s) vs 7.3 s (i3)
- 50-75 mph: 4.3 s (i3s) vs 5.1 s (i3)
Autogefühl presents the exterior, interior and the driving experience of the i3s, noting that the i3s is super fun to drive, but the difference compared to the normal i3 isn't all that big.
The consumer faces a choice between slightly more comfort in the standard i3, or the slightly better acceleration of the i3s, which rides more harshly due to its stiffer suspension.