Toronto Electric Vehicle Association TEVA recently tested the BMW 330e plug-in hybrid, which debuted in North America this Spring.
The video includes a presentation and test drive reviews in various modes.
Impressions are are positive. According to the TEVAdrive, BMW underestimated the demand of 330e so one should act quickly if you want one.
Quick 330e Specs:
- 184 hp four-cylinder petrol engine and 65 kW, 88 hp, 250 Nm electric motor integrated into the housing of the eight-speed automatic
- total system output of 185 kW/252 hp (on par with 330i and 330d)
- 0–60 mph in 6.1 seconds with a top speed of 140 mph.
- all-electric range of up to 40 km (25 miles) NEDC and 14 miles (22.5 km) US EPA
- 7.6 kWh lithium-ion battery beneath the boot floor
- charging in 3 hours and 15 minutes from a household outlet
- average fuel consumption (combined) of 2.1–1.9 litres/100 km (134.5–148.7 mpg imp)
- at least 370 liters of luggage compartment volume; the rear seat offer a 40:20 40 split
- EU-empty weight of 1735 kg (3,825 lbs)