Renault Zoe Earns 5-Star Euro NCAP Safety Rating (Video)
The Renault Zoe is now listed among the world’s safest automobiles with a 5-Star Euro NCAP rating in recently completed safety testing.
Here are a few highlights from the test results:
- Renault ZOE obtained an overall score of 82 percent (including the maximum rating for pedestrian safety)
- Zoe is equipped with a system that provides an audible warning of its approach.
- In a head-on impact, Renault ZOE’s front occupants are protected by two high-efficiency airbags, as well as seat cushion airbags, along with seat belts equipped with pretensioners and load limiters.
- Side impacts are a frequent cause of fatal injuries, but specific work has produced spectacular results to achieve the maximum score of eight points.
- Renault ZOE features two side-impact detection sensors. A specific algorithm adjusts the speed at which the new-generation head-thorax airbags are deployed to match the severity of the impact.
- Combined with the results of the pole and rear impact tests, this score helped Renault ZOE to obtain 32 points from a possible 36 for adult protection.
- Renault ZOE’s child protection rating figures among the very best in the B segment with a score of 39 points out of a possible 49.
Gallery: Double Click to Enlarge