Fully Charged Tests Range Rover PHEV On-Rand & Off-Road – Video
Land Rover Range Rover PHEV – the off-road ready premium road-ship
Fully Charged tested the plug-in hybrid Range Rover, which soon will hit the showrooms in the U.S.
The latest episode consist of two parts – city driving in Los Angeles and off-road test in Oxfordshire, UK.
As you can see, the Land Rover combines premium interior and all the comfort stuff one would expect with off-road driving capability, as long as you are not afraid to scratch the paint or wheels.
“An episode about a massive SUV, surely this isn’t a Fully Charged vehicle. You might be right, but this is a plug in hybrid version with a claimed 100 miles to the gallon. Filmed in the extremes of Los Angeles and Oxfordshire to give an all around assessment.”
Range Rover P400e specs:
- 0-60mph in 6.4 seconds (0-100km/h in 6.8 seconds)
- up to 31 miles (51 km) of all-electric range (NEDC, think ~20 miles/32 real world/EPA)
- 13.1 kWh battery
- 296hp (217kW) 2.0-litre four-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine with a 85kW electric motor. Combined system output: 398hp (292kW), 640 Nm of torque
- permanent four-wheel drive system
- top speed of 137mph (220km/h)
- charging takes 2 hours 45 minutes at home using a dedicated 32 amp wall box (7 kW)
- battery is covered by an eight-year, 100,000-mile, 70% state of health warranty