Quick Look At Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo – Videos
The Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo is one of the quickest all-electric racing cars ever made. it does 0-62 mph (100 km/h) in just 2.5 seconds.
The car was presented at the Formula E even in Rome where it served as taxi for customers and guests. It will be deployed at all European Formula E races and numerous other events in 2018.
The Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo uses a three-motor layout, often used by Audi in previous prototype or concept cars. Two electric motors drive the rear axle and the third one the front axle, using individual components from the future Audi e-tron. Because each motor is 200 kW, the total output stands at 600 kW.
The question is whether the production e-tron SUV also will have 600 kW of power from its 95 kWh battery?
Down below you can watch the unveiling and test drives of the Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo on the track.
Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo spec:
- permanent all-wheel drive with variable power distribution
- 600 kW of system output – three electric motors, each with output of 200 kW
- from 0 to 100 km/h in less than 2.5 seconds
- curb weight of 1,450 kilograms
- power to weight ratio of 1.78 kilograms per horsepower
- 50:50 percent weight distribution