Porsche 918 Spyder At New York Auto Show – Video
APR 25 2014 BY ERIC LOVEDAY
The Porsche 918 Spyder was the star of the 2014 New York Auto Show for German automaker Porsche.
Here’s a description of the video from the show:
“Porsche’s Trent Warnke talks to the Wall Street Journal’s Lee Hawkins about the Porsche 918 Spyder, a plug-in hybrid supercar that starts at $845,000.”
But for close to $1 million, Porsche offers the Weissach package equipped 918 Spyder. Specs for the version include:
- Goes from 0 to 62 MPH in 2.5 seconds (0 to 62 in 6.1 seconds in electric-only mode)
- Hits 214 MPH
- Zips from 0 to 120 MPH in 7.2 seconds
- Features 6-point racing harness
- Has magnesium wheels, titanium bolts and ceramic wheel bearings
- Puts out 875 HP and 944 pound-feet of torque
- Comes with carbon fiber go-fast bits
Only 918 Porsche 918 Spyders will ever be produced, so you should act now if you’d like to order one.