Porsche 918 Spyder Hot Lap – Video
“Multi-time Champion Patrick Long, Porsche Works Driver, utilizes all the systems of the new plug-in hybrid Porsche 918 Spyder for a hot lap of the new Circuit of the Americas in Austin Texas. Watch as the Porsche 918 exits pit lane under all-electric mode, accelerates under sport hybrid mode, and uses the hot-lap button on the back straight at 170mph.”
The Porsche 918 Spyder is the world’s most advanced plug-in hybrid.
Some vital performance specs include:
- 874 hp
- 944 lb-ft of torque
- Electric range 20 miles
- 0-62 MPH time in electric mode of 6.1 seconds
- 0 to 62 MPH in 2.5 seconds
- 0 to 124 MPH in 7.2 seconds
- 0 to 186 MPH in 19.9 seconds
- 4.6-Liter V8 Puts Out 599 HP
- Total Power from engine and 2 electric motors is 875 HP at 8,500 RPM
It’s a beast of a machine. That’s for sure.
A cool $1 million will buy you one of the 918 examples ever to be produced.