Norway BEV Sales At 18% Market Share
New battery electric car registrations in Norway stood at 18% market share in February (1,919), while an additional 1.9% came from plug-in hybrids (211). In total, plug-in market reached 19.9% – 2,130.
There were 30 new electric vans registered and 277 used-imported electric cars.
The big winner is Volkswagen e-Golf, which had 839 (7.9% market share!) registrations according to the EV Sales Blog! That would be 70% of all Golfs registered.
Far below the Golf we find the Tesla Model S with 321 registrations (3% market share) and Nissan LEAF with 247 (2.3% market share).
Tesla probably will improve with P85D deliveries, though LEAF is struggling. Where are those months when Nissan sold over 600 or 700? Average monthly LEAF sales for 2014 was 400, but Volkswagen is now eating part of Nissan’s pie.