Nissan Offers Free Gas to Show Drivers What It’s Like to Own an Electric Vehicle
In celebration of National Plug In Day, Nissan is kicking off the festivities by offering free gas at 4 fueling stations in the US.
The idea is to “provide local drivers with a taste of what it’s like to eliminate the cost of gas by offering free fill-up,” says Nissan.
We rather like this idea, but giving away free gas alone will not convert ICE drivers over to electric. All locations have experienced (naturally) a huge surge in customers today!
Nissan knows this and will encourage those free gas drivers to “calculate their potential yearly savings from going gas-free using an online tool (with help from a Nissan representative and an iPad).”
By the time you read this, most of the free gas offers will have ended (not that it matters to us though, as we mostly drive only plug ins, right?)
- Nashville – 12pm – 4pm (regional time)
- Los Angeles – 12pm- 4pm (regional time)
- Atlanta – 12pm – 4pm (regional time)
- San Francisco – 2pm -4pm (regional time)
Anyways, it’s not the free gas (locations listed below) we care about. It’s the spreading of the EV word.
4700 W. Slauson Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90056
Shell Gas Station
1201 Harrison St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
BP Gas Station
610 Spring St. Northwest
Atlanta, GA 30308
Exxon Gas Station
1111 Broadway St.
Nashville, TN 37203
- Nissan Teases What’s Surely An All-Electric SUV/CUV For Tokyo Debut
- Ahead Of Rush For 2018 LEAF, Nissan To Expand Battery Factory In Tennessee
- 2018 Nissan LEAF: First Review And Test Drive From Japan – Video
- Report: Tesla’s Design Is Light Years Ahead of BMW, GM, And Nissan Because Of “Ground-Up” Design