GM’s Goals For The 2nd Generation Volt – Lower Cost And More EREV Tech
Earlier this month, we learned that the 2nd generation of the Chevrolet Volt would be debuting next year as a 2016 model, and that part of this debut would be “evolutionary styling changes,” as reported by Edmunds.
Now, AutoBlogGreen has done a follow-up interview with Pam Fletcher, GM’s executive chief engineer, Electrified Vehicles that everyone should check out.
Some of the topics of interest covered (with condensed answers):
- Does the Chevrolet Volt need a 4 cylinder engine? (not really)
- Is the range-extender engine due for an update? (working on it)
- More plug-ins from GM? (yes)
- More GM vehicles with EREV tech coming? (maybe)
- Has the Opel Ampera in Europe been successful (hey, look at the lovely trees outside my office)
- What is the focus of the next gen Chevy Volt? (bringing costs down)
- Does more range matter? Will 2nd gen get more? (you know we are still selling the current gen right?)
Be sure to check-out ABG’s non-condensed version here!