Chevrolet Teases Equinox EV Compact SUV
It looks very promising.
The simulated images present a blue car (compared to red and silver images shown in January), with an interesting thing - a white roof and mirrors. It suggests that there will be a two-tone color option.
The company encourages us to visit its website and sign up for updates of the Chevrolet Equinox EV, as well as other upcoming models (Silverado EV, Blazer EV and "Future EV").
"As the sun sets on winter, it's time for a new beginning. The First-Ever All-Electric #ChevyEquinox is on its way."
According to the video, the market launch of the 2024 Chevrolet Equinox EV is scheduled for Fall 2023, but only the "RS" version. Availability of the "LT" version will be announced at a later date.
The announcement released in January indicated that the entry-level version will start at an estimated MSRP of around $30,000, however, we are not so sure about the price now, because we all know what is happening with prices.
Another thing is that the entry-level version most likely will be available at a later time, because manufacturers usually start from the top trims.
As in the case of other Chevrolet EVs, the Equinox EV is based on the GM's Ultium platform and it should not have any issue with offering 300 miles (483 km) of range. The initial batch of images showed 235 miles (378 km) of range at about 3/4 state-of-charge, displayed in the instrument cluster.
Before the Chevrolet Equinox EV reaches the market, Chevrolet will launch the Silverado EV pickup and the recently teased Chevrolet Blazer EV. Those three models are the brand's spearhead of electrification, while the Cadillac starts with the Lyriq and GMC already launched the GMC Hummer EV Pickup.
Gallery: Chevrolet Equinox EV Preview
2024 Chevrolet Equinox EV in brief:
- Type: "compact SUV"
RS version: to be available in Fall 2023
LT version: N/A
- MSRP: the entry-level version will start at around $30,000
- Range: potentially above 300 miles (483 km) at least in some versions
- Ultium platform
- 5:27pm NIO EV Sales Growth Slowed Down In November 2023
- 3:21pm Are Sodium-Ion Batteries Dead On Arrival? An Expert Weighs In
- 12:13pm What Do You Want To Know About The Rivian R1S?
- 11:10am Fisker Slows Down EV Production, Cuts 2023 Projections Again
- 9:14am Subaru Solterra U.S. Sales Exceeded 900 In November 2023
- 6:26pm XPeng Electric Car Sales Hit A New Record In November 2023
- 11:23am Hyundai Ioniq U.S. Sales More Than Tripled In November 2023
- 9:11am The Tesla Cybertruck Is Elon Musk’s Vanity Project And Style Statement: Expert