Rivian Announces Production And Delivery Numbers For 2021
The first 1,000 vehicles are now out of the gate.
Rivian announced its production and delivery numbers for the year 2021, which happen to be close to the target hinted at in November.
By the end of 2021, the company produced 1,015 vehicles and delivered 920 of them to customers (in the U.S.).
"Rivian Automotive, Inc. produced 1,015 vehicles by the end of 2021. 920 vehicles were delivered by that date."
The press release does not break out production and sales between the models, which means that it's a combined result for Rivian R1T pickup, Rivian R1S SUV and Rivian EDV electric vans for Amazon (assuming that the first units of EDV entered production and deliveries stage).
- R1T, R1S, EDV production: 1,015
(including 12 R1T in Q3 and 1,003 total of all types in Q4)
- R1T, R1S, EDV deliveries: 920
(including 11 R1T in Q3 and 909 total of all types in Q4)
The first R1T was delivered on September 14, 2021
The first R1S was delivered in December, 2021
Let's recall that the target was over 1,200 vehicles produced (1,200 R1T, 25 R1S and 10 EDV), and over 1,000 vehicles delivered (1,000 R1T, 15 R1S and 10 EDV). That's basically a small miss, which was already announced in December.
Rivian is currently ramping up the production of three vehicles simultaneously. The number of pre-orders (in the U.S. and Canada) as of December 15, 2021 stand at about 71,000 (up from 48,390 on September 30).
In the next three years, the company intends to build a second manufacturing plant in the state of Georgia, which will start production in 2024. The target for this plant is up to 400,000 per year at some point in the future, compared to 200,000 in Normal, Illinois (after the upgrade of the site from 150,000/year currently).
Before the end of this decade, Rivian would like to produce and sell at least 1 million electric vehicles per year.
- 9:00am Watch The Fisker Ocean Gracefully Slide On A Frozen Lake In Sweden
- 8:49am New Aventon Pace 350 E-Bike Is Powered By Worx Power Tool Batteries
- 8:47am Tesla's Safety Score 2.0 Updates Make System More Fair For Insurance
- 8:46am Tesla Supercharging Tips: How To Increase Speeds And Reduce Costs
- 8:21am Tesla Model 3 Compromised In Under Two Minutes At Hacking Contest
- 8:13am Cruise Chevy Bolt Rear-Ends Municipal Bus, The Company Responds
- 8:00am LGES Battery Plant In Arizona Gets A Revision: It Will Be Much Bigger
- 4:40am Tesla Dashcam Captures Insane Accident Where A Kia Takes Flight On The Freeway
About this article