Noteworthy is that 59% of the total Toyota Motor Europe sales are hybrids (70% in Western Europe and 27% in Eastern Europe).
The company finally reports also better plug-in electric car sales, which exceeded 15,000 or 2.5% of the overall volume. Hydrogen fuel cell vehicle sales remain low at 316.
Toyota Motor Europe (Toyota and Lexus brands) results in H1 2021:
- BEVs: 3,165 (0.5% share) - 2,008 Toyota and 1,157 Lexus
- PHEVs: 11,953 (2.0% share) - 11,953 Toyota
- Plug-ins: 15,118 (2.5% share) - 13,961 Toyota and 1,157 Lexus
- FCVs: 316 (0.1% share)
One of the most important things is that the plug-in hybrid Toyota RAV4 Prime sales increased to over 11,000 (that excludes the Suzuki Across PHEV derivative). The group is also ramping up sales of its first all-electric models.
- Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid (aka Prius Prime) - 843 (16% of the Prius family)
- Toyota RAV4 Prime - 11,110 (12% of all RAV4)
- Toyota Proace Electric van - 2,008 (13% of all Proace)
- Toyota Mirai - 316
- Lexus UX 300e - 1,157 (11% of all UX)
As we can see, basically all the plug-ins account for more than a tenth of the total for a particular model.
"Demand for the new RAV4 PHEV and Mirai FCEV continue to grow, and Toyota’s global unveiling of its battery electric bZ4X D-SUV Concept signals the brand’s further expansion of its BEV line-up."
"Sales of the brand’s first battery electric vehicle, the UX 300e, which started earlier this year, now represent over 10% of the UX model’s total volume."
Toyota group sales results in Europe - Q1-Q2 2021