Almost 400 stations in a quarter mean more than four new stations per day, on average.
During the fourth quarter of 2020, Tesla installed more Supercharging stations than in the previous three quarters combined.
The Q4 was a truly exceptional quarter:
- 383 of new stations - 128% more than a year ago
- 3,840 of new individual connectors (stalls) - 166% more than a year ago
- 10.0 connectors (stalls) per station on average
The biggest new Tesla Supercharging station, installed recently in Shanghai, has 72 individual stalls.
The question is, will the rate of new installations will be maintained in 2021?
Number of new Tesla Superchargers (globally) - Q4 2020
Number of Tesla Superchargers (globally) - Q4 2020
Cumulatively, Tesla now has more than 2,500 stations and finally, the linear growth shows a sign of acceleration:
- 2,564 stations - 40.8% more than a year ago
- 23,277 individual connectors (stalls) - 44.5% more than a year ago
- 9.1 connectors (stalls) per station on average