Considering that EVs are the future, those positions may be worth considering.
"Starting today, job seekers can apply for positions on the Ultium Cells LLC website. The plant will begin actively hiring for key positions to execute the set up and launch of battery cell manufacturing. Additional job openings will be posted to the website as they become available."
The company also shared new photos from the site and a new visualization of the plant:
According to the press release, Ultium Cells will bring battery cell costs below $100/kWh and minimize the use of cobalt (the use of nickel on the other hand will be one of the highest).
Gallery: Ultium Cells LLC Battery Plant in Lordstown, Ohio
Ultium Cells LLC in brief:
- General Motors and LG Chem joint venture (50/50)
- manufacturing of lithium-ion cell for electric vehicles
- $2.3 billion investment and more than 1,100 new jobs
- plant located in Lordstown, Ohio
- nearly 3 million-square-foot
- target manufacturing capacity of 30 GWh annually (with an option for further expansion)
- groundbreaking in May 2020
- production might start from 2022