Five-digit number of new monthly registrations is becoming a new norm for Tesla in China.
It's not yet as good as the record March (12,709), but clearly Tesla is in great form beating local players significantly.
* April was a slower month for Tesla.
The further data cited by Moneyball shows that Made-In-China Model 3 registrations were 11,364 (up 174% over April), which leaves 201 units of imported S/X/3.
Tesla results in China:
Made-in-China (MIC) Tesla Model 3 results according to CPCA (sales), MIIT (production):
- May 2020: production - 11,501, sales - 11,095
- April 2020: production - 11,211, sales - 3,635
- March 2020: production - 10,158, sales - 10,160
- February 2020: sales - 3,900
- January 2020: sales - 2,620
- December 2019: start of production
Tesla brand registrations (LMC Automotive via Reuters; Moneyball; EV Sales Blog):