Karma makes its GT even sportier.
By applying one of those two packages, the GT is turned into GTS (gets a "GTS" badge) and will accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 3.9 seconds (instead of 4.5 seconds in the case of the GT) thanks to higher torque motors. It offers better handling too.
The Sports package includes:
- Exterior: a Borrego Black paint as standard, with chrome blackout and lightweight carbon fiber exterior pieces, GTS fender badges, red calipers, cross-drilled rotors, and 22” Dune Twist Midnight Chrome wheels
- Interior: a similar blackout Karma badge is placed on the steering wheel, complemented by a sleek carbon fiber trim throughout the cabin. GTS insignia is respectfully placed upon the center console and UX/UI display, a subtle nod to the vehicle’s performance enhancements
The Performance package includes:
- all the functional upgrades of the Sports package, while maintaining the original exterior of the Revero GT
- Inside the cabin, a GTS emblem in the performance-oriented UX/UI, including a special Track Mode
The starting price of the Karma Revero GT increased from $135,000 initially (+ $1,400 DST) to $144,800 (+$1,800 DST). We are not sure whether the upgrade from GT to GTS is still priced at $14,950 announced in late 2019, but for sure it will remain expensive. Both models are eligible for the $7,500 federal tax credit.
Karma Revero GTS differences compared to GT:
- 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds
- top speed of 130 mph (209 km/h)
2020 Karma Revero GT specs (compared to 2018 Revero):
- 28 kWh battery (instead 21.4 kWh)
- 61 miles (98 km) of all-electric range EPA range (Revero 37 miles EPA)
- 330 miles (531 km) of total range
- 0-60 mph (96.5 km/h) in 4.5 seconds (Revero 5.4 seconds)
- 1.5L BMW TwinPower Turbo three-cylinder in-line engine (same as in BMW i8) as onboard generator (previously 2L GM engine)
- dual-motor rear-wheel drive (with torque vectoring for rear wheels)
- system output of 400 kW (535 hp) and 746 Nm peak (two 200 kW and 370 Nm electric motors)
- top speed of 125 miles (201 km/h)
- weight of 5,050 lbs / 2,291 kg (instead of 5,407 lbs / 2453 kg)
Gallery: Karma Revero GTS
KARMA AUTOMOTIVE ANNOUNCES NEW SPORTS AND PERFORMANCE PACKAGES FOR THE 2020 REVERO GT
- New Sports and Performance packages deliver an enhanced 0 to 60mph in 3.9 seconds
- Revero® GT Sports package features lightweight carbon fiber exterior and host of visual enhancements for driving enthusiasts
- Revero GT Sports and Performance packages available now through Karma’s North American retailer network
IRVINE, Calif. (June 4, 2020) – Karma Automotive has launched a series of packages available for the 2020 Revero GT, catering to the driving enthusiast. The new Sports and Performance packages for the Revero GT take the luxury electric vehicle to the next performance level for owners who want to refine its handling for superior dynamic capabilities.
Available now for the 2020 Revero GT, the Sports and Performance Packages feature both functional and visual upgrades which make the Revero GT even more striking. Both the Sports and Performance packages unleash an acceleration of 0 to 60mph in 3.9 seconds and electronic torque vectoring.
The Sports package exterior features a Borrego Black paint as standard, with chrome blackout and lightweight carbon fiber exterior pieces, GTS fender badges, red calipers, cross drilled rotors, and 22” Dune Twist Midnight Chrome wheels. Karma’s signature badge, a solar eclipse, is notably monochrome, indicating a special high-performance variant — a unique design element shared by the brand’s SC2 concept car.
Inside the vehicle, a similar blackout Karma badge is placed on the steering wheel, complemented by a sleek carbon fiber trim throughout the cabin. GTS insignia is respectfully placed upon the center console and UX/UI display, a subtle nod to the vehicle’s performance enhancements.
For the driving enthusiast who prefers to conquer the roads surreptitiously, the Revero GT Performance package offers all the functional upgrades of the Sports package, while maintaining the original exterior of the Revero GT. Inside the cabin, a GTS emblem in the performance oriented UX/UI, including a special Track Mode, serves as a strong nod to the vehicle’s enhancements.
“The GT Sports and Performance Packages offer an enhanced experience for the driving enthusiast. Through these packages, we’ve combined the instant torque and dynamic capabilities of an electric sportscar, with the comforts of a luxury extended range sedan. The aesthetic enhancements of our Sports Package adds to the GT’s persona, amplifying its presence as a statement-making luxury electric vehicle,” says Joost de Vries, Vice President of Global Sales and Customer Experience, Karma Automotive.
The 2020 Karma Revero GT features dual electric motors which power the vehicle’s on-board generator and offer the best of both worlds; exceptional performance and handling, with the ability to drive up to 80 zero-emission miles on battery power alone and 360 miles overall range, powered by a 28kWh NMC (Nickel Manganese Cobalt) lithium-ion battery featuring high overall density and power output.
All Revero vehicles are assembled largely by hand at Karma’s Innovation and Customization Center (KICC), the company’s manufacturing facility in Moreno Valley, Calif. This dedication to craftsmanship furthers Karma’s philosophy that ownership should be personal and special, connecting owners to the pioneering technology and inspiration behind their vehicles.
The Revero GT is available to order at Karma’s North American retailers today, starting at $144,800 USD.