Construction is postponed, but Tesla does not waste time and conducts auxiliary work instead.
The company decided to build internal roads between the anticipated buildings so we can see the shape of the upcoming plant. Hopefully, the heavy equipment will not damage the surface once the foundation works begin.
Hopefully, Tesla will be able to start construction of the Giga Berlin soon, as local production of the Model Y might be the key to strengthening its position in Europe.
The first video shows the site as of May 9, while the following one is from May 8 and presents to us how the work was actually done.
Another look from May 7:
Tesla Gigafactory 4 (aka Tesla Giga Berlin) at brief:
- located in the Berlin-area (in Grünheide, Brandenburg, Germany), near the new airport
- to produce Model 3/Y starting in 2021 with the Model Y
- will produce also batteries (for sure modules/packs) and powertrains
- expected volume of 500,000 annually (unofficial target), initially 150,000
- expected investment of €4 billion (unofficial)
- expected 10,000 jobs (unofficial)