Let's take a look at the Tesla Gigafactory 4 progress in Germany.
Most of the area is already prepared and this stage of work should be completed later this week.
As the COVID-19 outbreak spreads across Germany, the question is whether Tesla will be able to start construction works smoothly?
If you wonder about the strange, small fenced islands or the tree left untouched - it seems those are actions to keep some animals safe until they are displaced at a later time.
Tesla Gigafactory 4 (aka Tesla Giga Berlin) at brief:
- located in the Berlin-area (in Grünheide, Brandenburg, Germany), near the new airport
- to produce Model 3/Y starting in 2021 with the Model Y
- will produce also batteries (for sure modules/packs) and powertrains
- expected volume of 500,000 annually (unofficial target), initially 150,000
- expected investment of €4 billion (unofficial)
- expected 10,000 jobs (unofficial)