Škoda CITIGOe iV is in high demand in its home market. Now, it is slightly better equipped and pricier.
For comparison, during the first half of 2019, only 360 new all-electric cars (and 134 PHEVs) were registered in Škoda's home market.
The launch edition of the first 500 cars was sold from 429,900 CZK (€16,805/$18,610), having automatic air conditioning and DC charging port as standard.
After the first 500 units, Škoda tweaked the offer a little bit, extending the list of standard equipment (see details here), but also increasing the price to 479,900 CZK (€18,760/$20,773).
With new plug-in hybrids and BEVs from Škoda on the horizon, we should see tremendous growth of plug-in car sales in the Czech Republic in 2020.
Gallery: Škoda CITIGOe iV at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show
Gallery: 2020 Skoda Citigo e iV
Škoda CITIGOe iV specs:
- 36.8 kWh battery pack (168 60 Ah lithium-ion cells, pack weight of 248 kg)
- up to 260 km (164.7 miles) of WLTP range
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 12.3 seconds
- 60-100 km/h (37-62 mph) in 7.3 seconds
- top speed of 130 km/h (81 mph)
- front-wheel drive
- 61 kW and 212 Nm electric motor
- 0-80% fast charging in 60 minutes (DC Combo 2)
- Full charge in around 5 hours using 7.2 kW on-board charger
- 3,597 mm long and 1,645 mm wide
- boot capacity of 250 l (923 l after folding down the rear seats)