The 2020 Volkswagen e-Golf recently was listed on the EPA site and surprisingly it received lower range and efficiency ratings than in the previous few years, despite us not hearing about any battery/motor changes.
The previous rating was:
- range: 125 miles (201 km)
- combined: 283 Wh/mile
- city: 267 Wh/mile
- highway: 304 Wh/mile
The new 2020 rating is:
- range: 123 miles (198 km) (down 1.6%)
- combined: 298 Wh/mile (up 5.3%)
- city: 276 Wh/mile (up 3.4%)
- highway: 324 Wh/mile (up 6.6%)
* efficiency includes charging losses
2020 Volkswagen e-Golf EPA rating
The question is what happened to the e-Golf that efficiency decreased a little bit? A VW spokesman told CarsDirect that nothing has changed and suggested that maybe EPA changed calculations, but there is no info about that either (other models 2020/2019 seem to be rated the same).
Hat Tip To Joe from CarsDirect.com!!!
Got a tip for us? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org