Highly Modified Tesla Model S P100D+ Spotted Testing Near Nurburgring
Is this the record-attempting Model S?
Just a bit earlier today, we reported on rumors that Tesla possibly had secured a 30-minute private lap window at the Nurburgring for what might be a record attempt to best the time set recently by the Porsche Taycan. Now, with these spy shots in hand, it seems like all this may indeed be true.
Gallery: Tesla Model S Spied Testing near Nurburgring.
According to our spy photographers:
"...we’ve spied Tesla at a private test facility not far from the Nürburgring prepping a Model S for a run at the lap record."
"...the Model S Tesla is prepping for the record attempt does not appear to be stock. We can see wider fender flares, aggressive wheels and tires, and a trunk lip spoiler. From what we heard the tires where Michelin Cup 2 R for that extra grip and we also spotted a roll cage inside the car."
Additionally, it seems the lower grille opening is bigger to enhance cooling. And if you zoom in on shots of the rear badging, it seems to display P100D+.
Some might say it's unfair to use a modified Model S for this attempt at beating the Taycan, but remember, the Taycan was a pre-production prototype and Tesla could surely just add this "Nurburgring" package to the Tesla Design Studio overnight to make it a production option.
The excitement continues to build. Stay tuned for more on the possible Model S record 'Ring lap.
Below is an image of a stock Model S for comparison:
- 11:55am US: Volvo Plug-In Car Sales In January 2023 Improved By 24%
- 10:58am US: Hyundai Ioniq 5 Sales In January 2023 Increased 56%
- 10:33am How To Maximize Your Electric Car's Range In Cold Winter Weather
- 9:51am Rivian R1T Damaged By Puddle: Owner Recounts Service Experience
- 6:01am No, It's Still Cheaper To Drive 100 Miles In An Electric Car
- 8:36pm US: Mazda MX-30 Is Back - 9 Units Were Sold In January 2023
- 5:58pm Lotus Set To Go Public Via SPAC At $5.4 Billion Valuation
- 2:57pm Hyundai Motor Group Celebrates 1 Million Plug-In Car Sales