Monthly Plug-In EV Sales Scorecard: July 2019
Each month InsideEVs tracks all plug-in EV deliveries for the U.S. by automaker. What will July 2019 bring?
And, we're off! We'll be reporting July 2019 EV Sales Thursday, August 1 and Friday, August 2, 2019. Then, we'll wrap up the month with our final sales recap at the beginning of the following week.
More EV Sales Related Content:
Editor's Note: It's important to note that the live scorecard updates may tend to lag depending on your device, settings, and browser. You can try refreshing the page, but it may be faster to close out InsideEVs and reopen the site. This is because your device and browser may save cache, so it may not choose to "see" the updates quite as quick as we're able to provide them. As always, let us know of any issues going forward.
In addition, it appears the chart is not showing up on some browsers in AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages). If that's the case, just remove "amp" from the URL or go to the website and access the "normal" page, as it appears AMP is limiting features.
Thank you again very much for your continued support!
If you'd like to access any of our previous monthly report cards, click here for the full archive. In addition, for those who appreciate visuals, every month we will also provide an article with sales and market share shown in various charts.
InsideEVs tracks all plug-in EV sales/deliveries for the United States by automaker and brand. Additionally, readers can find all historical EV sales charts for the "current generation" of electric vehicles by clicking here.
Keep in mind, the words sales and deliveries are synonymous. For example, in order for a car to count as SOLD, an owner must buy or lease it, take DELIVERY, and have it in his/her possession.
***InsideEVs' journalist Wade Malone (our Lead Sales Analyst) provided in-depth, detailed, and heavily researched sales estimations and related analysis.
Top Months for U.S. EV Sales to Date (estimated):
- December 2018 – 49,900
- September 2018 – 44,544
- November 2018 – 42,588
- June 2019 – 37,818
- August 2018 – 36,347
Also of note this July:
- Toyota sold 126 Mirai vehicles
- Honda delivered an estimated 5 Clarity FCEVs last month.
- Hyundai sold 21 Nexo fuel-cell cars in July.
Last update: August 16, 2019 @ 9:29 AM ET
Also, here's a deep dive into our estimates and methodology.
The current year/month chart and graph are included below.
U.S. Plug-In Car Sales – July 2019
- 6:53pm Ford Switch To Tesla Charging Standard Annoys CCS Alliance
- 5:40pm Tesla Model 3 Price Slashed In Half Thanks To Incentives: Just $19,830
- 2:57pm Two Is Better Than One? Michigan Firm's Breakthrough Dual Battery For EVs
- 2:13pm Best EV Lease And Financing Deals In June 2023
- 1:26pm New E-Bike System From Pendix Eyes Sustainability Through Modular Design
- 10:46am Norway BEV Sales: Over 80% Of New Cars Were All-Electric In May 2023
- 10:44am Elon Musk's Political Shift Is A Tesla Sales Strategy, Says Analyst
- 10:36am Tesla Model S Plaid Track Pack Out Of Stock After Nurburgring Record