Tesla Model 3 remains top-selling plug-in model in the Netherlands

After a surge in March, plug-in electric car sales continue to grow in the Netherlands, reaching 2,520 new registrations in April up 150% year-over-year).

Of course, it's not as high as in March, but the market share of 8% (7% for BEVs alone) is one of the highest in Europe.

After four months of 2019, sales almost reached 13,000, while the average market share remains at 9%.

Plug-in electric car sales in the Netherlands – April 2019


The Tesla Model 3 registrations amounted to 467, which is the highest result among plug-ins.

Interestingly, Hyundai Kona Electric and Kia Niro EV (e-Niro) registrations were also very high at 371 and 359 respectively.

After four months of 2019, Tesla holds 25% market share in the Netherlands, but Hyundai (15%) and Kia 9%) combined take 24%. Volkswagen and Nissan both hold 10%.


Source: EV Sales Blog

Got a tip for us? Email: tips@insideevs.com