The all-electric Mack LR sanitation truck is soon to be demonstrated in New York.
As announced a year ago, Mack Trucks (part of Volvo Group) is introducing its first all-electric truck, the Mack LR Electric.
Mack Trucks presents its EV at the WasteExpo 2019 (May 6-9) at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The first unit, shown in the video below, will be demonstrated in the pilot project with the New York City Department of Sanitation (DSNY) later this year.
Below we gathered also some technical data, but there is no sign of battery capacity or range.
Mack LR Electric specs:
- Four Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide mounted batteries power up to 600V
- Two AC motors generate 260kW (349 HP) of continuous power at rear wheels.
- Two-speed Mack Powershift transmission sends power to Mack rear axles.
- Two-stage regenerative braking
- Up to 150 kW charge power with a max current of 200A, 550-750 volts, compliant with SAE J1772
- Weight Rating (VWR) of 35,000-72,000 lbs.