BEV market in UK is booming. Will Tesla Model 3 push it even higher?
After a while of delay, we're back with our usual plug-in electric car sales reporting from the UK where we see double nature - all-electric cars are growing nicely, while the plug-in hybrids are getting serious hit.
The decrease of PHEVs sales is high enough to drag the market a little bit down. We will see what will happen next when the Tesla Model 3 hit the market this summer.
In March, which is the month of plate change, all-electric cars set a new record:
- BEVs 3,917 (up 34.9% year-over-year)
- PHEVs: 4,941 (down 22.7% year-over-year)
- Total: 8,858 (down 4.7% year-over-year) at market share of 1.93%
In April we saw more of the same as BEVs really accelerated:
- BEVs 1,517 (up 63.3% year-over-year)
- PHEVs: 1,922 (down 34.4% year-over-year)
- Total: 3,439 (down 10.9% year-over-year) at market share of 2.14%
Plug-in Electric Car Registrations in the UK – April 2019
Who knows, maybe UK is in a middle of transformation from mostly PHEVs to mostly BEVs?