Tesla Semi was seen again with a new type of cargo.
Tesla Semi electric truck prototypes seem to get no time off and as you can see on this new video from highway 405 in Los Angeles, there are some big concrete blocks that need to be delivered.
Sadly, the market introduction is now expected in 2020 (instead of late 2019), but hopefully the silent and zero-emission trucks will finally take off.
We already saw the Semi with various trailers, which means that Tesla gathers data to develop the best possible production version. This open load on this particular Semi is new to us though.
Tesla Semi specs:
- Acceleration 0-60 mph with 80K lbs load – 20 sec
- Speed up a 5% Grade – 65 mph
- Range – 300 or 500 miles (483 or 804 km)
- Powertrain – 4 Independent Motors on Rear Axles
- Energy Consumption – Less than 2 kWh / mile
- Fuel Savings – $200,000+
- Expected Base Price (300 mile range) – $150,000
- Expected Base Price (500 mile range) – $180,000
- Base Reservation – $20,000
- Expected Founders Series Price – $200,000
- Founders Series Reservation – $200,000 * Prices displayed in USD. International pricing will vary.