Audi Q2 L e-tron enters the Chinese market with a relatively small battery
At the 2019 Shanghai Auto Show next week Audi will present its first all-electric model designed for the Chinese market - the Audi Q2 L e-tron.
It will be produced locally starting this summer in the Foshan plant in partnership with FAW.
The compact crossover/SUV will be equipped with a rather small 38 kWh battery, good for about 265 km (164.7 mi), "determined according to the local homologation procedure", which probably means NEDC.
"The body of the Audi Q2 L e-tron is 33 millimeters (1.3 in) longer than that of the basic model. The car is powered by an electric motor on the front axle that mobilizes 100 kilowatts and 290 newton meters (213.9 lb-ft). With a battery capacity of 38 kilowatt hours, it has a range of up to 265 kilometers (164.7 mi), determined according to the local homologation procedure."
Audi Q2 L e-tron specs:
- 38 kWh battery
- up to 265 km (164.7 mi), "determined according to the local homologation procedure"
- front-wheel drive
- electric motor output: 100 kW and 290 Nm
- 33 millimeters (1.3 in) longer than that of the basic model
Audi BEV models:
- Audi e-tron (already in production, deliveries in early 2019)
- Audi e-tron Sportback (to debut in 2019)
- Audi Q2 L e-tron BEV (2019) for the Chinese market
- Audi e-tron GT concept (from late 2020)
- Audi A3-sized EV concept (to be unveiled soon)
- Audi Q4 e-tron Concept based on MEB platform (from late 2020 or early 2021)
The other new vehicle in Shanghai from Audi will be the autonomous Audi AI:ME concept, but it's not yet clear whether it's electric or not.