VW is approaching the launch of I.D. later this year
The German manufacturer reportedly intends to offer at first the launch edition of the I.D. hatchback (probably well equipped) and expects that all will be sold out by September when the first model will debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
In other words, customers need to hurry if they'd like to get an I.D. early.
"The brand is making good progress with its second transformation towards a greater focus on e-mobility. In the next ten years, the brand will manufacture over 10 million electric vehicles based on the MEB. First off is the ID., to be presented at the IAA. Customers can pre-book the launch edition of the ID. from May 8. “Given the interest in the ID. family shown by our dealers, I think it is possible that the launch edition will already have sold out before we unveil the ID. in September,” Board Member for Sales, Jürgen Stackmann, said."
What to expect:
- about 48 kWh battery (base)
- some 330 km (205 miles) of WLTP range (base)
- some 450 km (280 miles) of WLTP range (higher version)
- up to 550 km (342 miles) of WLTP range (top version)
- 150 kW electric motor
- top speed of 180 km/h (112 miles)
- 7.2 kW or 11 kW on-board chargers
- 125 kW DC fast charging capability
- Price from around €30,000 in Europe