Designed specifically for heavy utilization fleets, public parking lots, and extreme weather locations
ClipperCreek announced an interesting expansion of its EVSE lineup by two new “Ruggedized” charging stations - HCS-60R (48 A, 240 V, up to 11.5 kW) and HCS-80R (64 A, 240 V, up to 15.4 kW), which are reinforced a version of the HCS-60 and HCS-80, respectively.
According to the manufacturer, changes:
- overmolded SAE J1772 connectors for added impact and crush resistance
- field-replaceable connector latches
- five-year warranties
"These high-power, ruggedized charging stations offer reliable and affordable high-power level 2 charging solutions designed specifically for heavy utilization fleets, public parking lots, and extreme weather locations. The ruggedized option is offered at an excellent value of $100 in addition to the base price of $899 for the HCS-60 and $969 for the HCS-80.
- 11.5 – 15.4kW of power to charge electric vehicles quickly
- Impact and crush resistant SAE-J1772™ connector
- Type 4X watertight and corrosion resistant rubber overmolded EV connector
- New slim high power cable design for improved flexibility and cold weather performance
- 25 feet of charging cable for installation flexibility and superior vehicle reach
- 5-year warranty
- Field-replaceable latch
- Wall mount SAE-J1772 connector holster included
- Integrated cable wrap making storing the cable simple and convenient
- Rugged, fully sealed NEMA 4 station enclosure for installation anywhere
- Support from the outstanding ClipperCreek customer service team
- No assembly required
- Made in America"
Will Barrett, ClipperCreek Director of Sales said:
“We saw great customer acceptance with our first set of ruggedized products, the HCS-40R and PMD-10R and have continued to receive requests for the higher-powered ruggedized options. ClipperCreek’s standard products are very robust, all have NEMA 4 rated enclosures for indoor or outdoor installs. The overmolded ruggedized SAE-J1772™ connector takes our already tough products to another level.”
“Our commitment to the electric vehicle market drives us to bring the greatest value to our customers at every opportunity. As the market continues to evolve and vehicle options increase commercial customers have asked for our ruggedized stations in other power levels, so we developed a new overmolded connector with a replaceable latch for the HCS-60 and HCS-80. We stand behind this connector’s durability by offering a five year product warranty.”