The red one is
The Tesla Semi was recently caught in the wild, driving without a trailer near the Tesla Factory in Fremont.
This is the red wrapped truck, which previously was matte black. The second one (unveiled in 2017) was the silver Semi. According to the reports, the red attracts a lot of attention, more than when it was black.
Originally, Tesla said that the production of the Semi will start in late 2019.
Here is video from Aiyman Hadi:
- Acceleration 0-60 mph with 80K lbs load – 20 sec
- Speed up a 5% Grade – 65 mph
- Mile Range – 300 or 500 miles
- Powertrain – 4 Independent Motors on Rear Axles
- Energy Consumption – Less than 2 kWh / mile
- Fuel Savings – $200,000+
- Expected Base Price (300 mile range) – $150,000
- Expected Base Price (500 mile range) – $180,000
- Base Reservation – $20,000
- Expected Founders Series Price – $200,000
- Founders Series Reservation – $200,000 * Prices displayed in USD. International pricing will vary.