If you don't have Tesla-money but want to drive Tesla-ish EV
Here is the Xpeng G3 all-electric car from the Xiaopeng Motors start-up. Yes, it's inspired by the Tesla.
As you can see from the walk around video, there is a lot of similarities between the Xpeng G3 and the Tesla Model X, although it's a way simpler, more affordable model, which in top version costs around $38,000 before subsidies.
With a battery half the size of the Tesla, and an electric motor much less powerful than Tesla, it would probably be competitor to Hyundai Kona Electric.
News from China
Xpeng G3 specs:
- 0-50 km/h (31 mph) in 3.7 seconds
- 145 kW electric motor
- up to 365 km (227 miles) of range (NEDC)
- 47.6 kWh battery
- 0-80% fast charging in about 30 minutes
- prices from 227,800 to 257,900 CNY ($33,500-$38,000) before incentives in China
- prices from 135,800 to 165,900 CNY ($20,000-$24,400) after incentives in China