30,000 sales per month is just around the corner
In November, BYD once again set a new monthly sales record of plug-in electric cars in China. In total, 28,793 were sold (about 2,800 more than in October), which is 123% more than a year ago. The pace of growth is astounding.
Plug-ins now represents 58% of total BYD car sales (compared to about 30% year ago), which brings the company closer to entirely getting rid of ICE models at some point in the future.
BYD plug-in electric car sales in China – November 2018
With 190,142 sales in China so far this year (up 105% year-over-year), BYD is on track to exceed the goal of 200,000 for 2018 by a huge margin.
BYD offers six plug-in models. Two of those models are available in both BEV and PHEV versions, so a total of eight options.
Three models noted all-time records.
BYD sales breakdown:
- Tang PHEV – 6,405 (3rd straight new record)
- Yuan BEV – 6,188 (6th month on the market and 6th straight new record)
- e5 – 5,573 (2nd straight new record)
- Qin PHEV – 3,912 + 1,331 BEV
- Song PHEV – 3,075 + 1,235 BEV
- e6 – 1,020