Almost two-thirds of sales are now all-electric models
Plug-in electric car sales in Germany barely increased in October as many plug-in hybrid models disappeared from the market after the transition from NEDC to WLTP in September.
Total number of new passenger car registrations increased by 6% year-over-year to 5,386 at market share of 2.13%.
- BEVs: 3,390 – up 56% at ≈1.34% market share
- PHEVs: 1,996 – down 31% at ≈0.79% market share
The top selling all-electric models in October were:
- Volkswagen e-Golf - 784
- Renault ZOE - 609
- BMW 225xe Active Tourer - 504
- BMW i3 - 426 (306 BEVs plus 120 REx)
- smart fortwo electric drive - 402
So far this year, the most popular models are:
- Renault ZOE - 4,369
- Volkswagen e-Golf - 4,356
- BMW i3 - 4,129