Because 0 to 60 MPH in 1.9 seconds just isn't quite quick enough, right?
According to Tesla CEO Elon Musk, that 1.9-second dash comes standard in the base Roadster, but there's more performance available in a "special option package."
Musk took to Twitter in the overnight hours to make this new revelation. Here's the tweet:
Musk Tweet On New Tesla Roadster
The base model Roadster boasts these already-impressive specs:
- 7,376 pound-feet of torque
- 0-60 mph in 1.9 seconds - quickest production car in the world.
- 0-100 mph in 4.2 seconds.
- Quarter mile in 8.8 seconds
- 250+ mph top speed.
- 620 miles of highway range.