While these owners love their Tesla Model 3, there are some problems that need to be addressed.
The guys over at JR Garage just took delivery of their Tesla Model 3. They are day one reservation-holders in the Washington D.C. area. They've had it for two days and have put about 300 miles on it.
Keep in mind, they're hardcore Tesla fans and they already own a 2016 Model X P90D, which they've driven about 35,000 miles. While they say there are no deal breakers, and they love their Model 3, they share a long list of little issues that should be addressed.
Tesla Model 3 with Autopilot engaged
Fortunately, many of the issues can be fixed via over-the-air updates or even simple changes to the car as its upcoming versions are released.
Overall, despite the list of issues, JR Garage concludes that the Model 3's technology, price, and complete package is currently unbeatable in today's market. Let's have a look at what they dislike about the Model 3:
- Everything is controlled via the touchscreen, it doesn't tilt, button locations are cumbersome, some basic functions require three taps, and looking away from the road constantly is a problem
- Using the navigation is very distracting from driving since the map is on the right side of the screen
- Autopilot is not up to par. It's jumpy, and merging and lane changing doesn't work. You can't change the speed without using the touch screen.
- Piano black trim looks amazing, but it scuffs and scratches easily
- Headliner should be black (and Alcantara)
- Front seats lack adequate adjustability
- Tall people's knees sit very high in the rear seats
- Steering may be too heavy for most drivers, even in Comfort mode
- No automatic high beams
- Interior reading lights are dim and narrowly focused
- No Summon mode (yet?)
- No key fob (which is great for Summon mode)
- Pedals look very cheap
Video Description via JR Garage on YouTube:
Here are 5 things I hate about my new 2018 Tesla Model 3! This is coming from an owner's perspective. I also own a Tesla Model X P90D Ludicrous. While we absolutely love the new Tesla Model 3, there are quite a few problems we think need to be addressed. Just 2 days ago, we took delivery of this car. It is one of the first non employee / non CA cars to be delivered!!
Keep the conversation going in our Forum. Start a new thread about this article and make your point heard.